Spring Events in Plumas County
Spring has arrived in Plumas County with green grass and tulips gracing the scene every where you look. The mountains are slowly uncovering their trails and the creek beds and rivers are enjoying the extra rush of water. As with spring, Graeagle prepares for the flurry of Events that start to roll into town with eager anticipation. Embrace the awakening of spring in Plumas County and plan to attend one of these great events, which is always sure to be fun for the whole family.
Calendar of Events for April and May:
- April 13- Taste of Plumas: Plumas County Fairgrounds in Quincy from 5:30pm to 8pm. Take a tour of many of the best culinary establishments and great wines available in Plumas County in a single location. The event also features a silent auction. Tickets are $40, which includes a souvenir wine glass. For more information, call 530-283-3402.
- April 27- Western Pacific Railroad Museum Opens! This excellent train museum opens its doors to visitors, 10am to 5pm Daily. Located at 700 Western Pacific Way, Portola. For more information, call 530-832-4131.
- May 4- Spanish Creek Bird Walk. Sponsored by the Plumas Audubon Society, Led by David Arsenault and Tony Hill. Gansner Park, Quincy, 7:30am. For more information, call 530-283-3052.
- May 18- Graeagle Fishing Derby. Sponsored and Stocked by the Feather River Trout Unlimited, the Greaeagle Junior Fishing Derby will interest all anglers of all ages to try their skill at catching fish in the Graeagle Mill Pond.
- May 19- Dixieland Jazz Concert. The Feather River Dixieland Jazz Society will perform a concert at the Graeagle Picnic Grounds form 1 to 5pm. Jazz enthusiasts will enjoy the sounds of Dixieland Jazz at its finest.
- May 25- On Memorial Day weekend only, the Shop Hop will kickoff and shoppers will be given a passport to gather stamps throughout the merchant establishments. Fill up the passport, and you could win a chance for a great prize.
- May 25-26- Spring Craft Fair at the Graeagle Firehall from 10am until 4pm. Vendor booths full of crafty items, a fun family event! Free to the public. For more information, call 530-832-1184.